Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snuffle

The cold continues. I had a day off from choir, though not from work, which may have been silly. Oh well, I'm not exactly dying. I think the gym may have to wait until I'm less germy and can breathe properly, though. And sleep. I really should be in bed now!

I've only been doing this food diary for three days, and already it's become apparent that there's almost no variation in what I eat until the evening. No cinnamon toast, though, RG! (I used to eat a lot of toast at college, because it was about the only hot food we could have in our rooms. It was a bad habit. I still have difficulty eating just one piece, so mostly avoid it.)

Today (Wednesday's) food:

Breakfast: oatmeal with 1 tbsp flaxseeds, 4 tbsp muesli, about 200ml skimmed milk (Boring, you say? Me?)
Coffee with skimmed milk.

Lunch: sandwich (2 slices wholegrain bread, about 60g cheddar, 2tsp Flora) and apple. (That sounds familiar too.)

Tea: veggie burger, peas, cabbage. Two cups of herbal tea. Ginger crunch cream biscuit. Remarkably small apple.

8 comments:

Future Me said...

Hi K! Sorry to hear you're sick too; maybe it's contagious out here in blogland. Your daily meals sound very healthy and delicious; I think I may try some flaxseed in oatmeal. Yum. Hope you feel better soon!

Lainey said...

Well Hello

How nice to read about a fellow edinburgher blogger.

Feel free to pop over to have a wee lookie at my blog too.

Orra best. Lainey.

K said...

Hey Beck! When I say "oatmeal" I should really say "raw rolled oats". I keep forgetting that most people will assume I mean cooked oatmeal (I'd call that porridge).

But yes, I do dress it up by topping it with very nice muesli (Jordan's brand) which has pineapple, papaya, dried apple, almonds, hazelnuts, coconut etc. A whole bowl of the muesli would be even nicer but is rather calorific.

I do eat porridge at the weekend when I have time, but just eat it as it comes. To eat it in the traditional Scottish manner, though, I'd have to put salt on it! (Yeucch.)

Zara said...

Sorry you're still feeling ill! But glad that you are keeping up with your food diary. I'm interested to hear how your daily calories average out. I have food amnesia, so if I don't write it down before I'm done swallowing it, I will often have to think long and hard about what it was that I've eaten. My food diary is my best friend, but also my worst enemy, unfortunately.

Rosemary Riveter said...

Oh! Regarding the earlier entry about crisps and chocolate, but not together...I got a christmas-gift catalogue in the mail that was all cookies and candy and fancy cheese baskets. Guess what else they had? Chocolate coated crisps.

Lightly salted ruffle cut slices of potato, dipped in milk chocolate.

Heart attack and a diabetic coma all rolled in to one. Merry Christms!

Mich said...

K - This suggestion is given with a grain of salt as I am not a trainer and not certified in anything. Regarding the wrists, how about switching to seated rows or bent over rows, and adding in some forearm/wrist curls to strengthen the wrists?

And for the record, congratulations on the bench press. Don't be down on yourself: everyone started with the bar, or put another way, no one was born benchpressing 200lbs. :-)

Wendell said...

Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. Hope you fell better soon. So, you just have cold oatmeal like? I think I would like this actually, because I've always liked oatmeal (or porridge I guess) a bit undercooked. And I really like the idea stretching out a small amount of muesli - I'll have to try it out!

K said...

Zara - I'm glad it's not just me who forgets things (see above). I always think I'll remember, but I don't. I'm going to TRY to keep journalling for myself, even if I don't always post it here (how many times can I post about cheese sandwiches and oatmeal, for heaven's sake?

RG - I have tasted those chocolate crisps, in Germany. Very strange. I don't think salty and sweet really go together.

Mich - thanks for the hints! The wrists probably could do with strengthening. And yes, I'm not really being defeatist about it; after all the bar does weigh 45lbs. And it's not so wobbly as it was.

And I need to add you and Jennifer to the links.