Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Meme a little meme of three

I don't normally do memes (although a disclaimer of this kind seems to be becoming a meme in itself...) but I've just discovered two weight loss blogs, Scale and Perspective and Yo Heave Ho, and I want an excuse to link to them because I think they're fabbydoo. They've both done this little questionnaire recently:

3 names I go by: K, Kirsten, Snuggle

3 screen names I've had: K, Kirsten. That's it. I can never think of good screen names.

3 physical things I like about myself: Eyes, mouth, feet. I have pretty feet.

3 parts of my heritage: Edinburgh, Arran, Clackmannanshire. Otherwise known as Scottish, Scottish, Scottish. That's right, I come from a long line of people who never went anywhere much.

3 things I am wearing right now: My favourite shoes. Sunscreen. Silver nail varnish.

3 favourite bands: They Might Be Giants. The Divine Comedy. Moxy Fruvous (unique, and sadly defunct).

3 favorite songs: Another First Kiss (rock version). Tonight we Fly. Video Bargainville. (If I have to choose three... Ask me tomorrow and the answers might be different).

3 things I want in a relationship: Affection, conversation, snuggles.

3 physical things about the preferred sex that appeal to me: Curly smile. Sparkly eyes. Smooth and tender skin.

3 favourite hobbies: Reading, making things, singing.

3 Things I want to do badly right now: See my boyfriend. Finish reading my book (Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers). Go for a walk in the sunshine (it's raining now).

3 things that scare me: Needles. Very sharp blades. The dentist.

3 of my everyday essentials: a book. Flying Fox Temple Balm. Chewing gum.

3 Careers you have considered or are considering: Publishing. Archivist (reality), prizewinning novelist (in my dreams).

3 places you want to go on holiday: New York. Australia/New Zealand. Italy.

3 kids' names you like: Rowan (for a girl), Mairi, Thomas.

3 things you want to do before you die: Write a book and get it published. Learn to sail. Make a beautiful garden.

3 ways I am stereotypically a boy: I don't drive cautiously enough. I like noisy action films. I am not at all good at picking up on others' moods.

3 ways I am stereotypically a girl: Waist-length hair. I buy things on impulse (especially jewellery and pairs of shoes). In my heart I think everyone should find the one they love and be faithful ever after.

3 celeb crushes: I've tended to fall for fictional characters... Marcus Didius Falco, Shadow Moon, Prentice McHoan, and my first love - Howl Jenkins. A challenge - I bet you can't identify more than one of these without using Google! (I obviously go for men with really weird names from the look of it. If you ask me, I will tell you what books they come from).
______________________________________________________

I haven't done any proper exercise, other than going for walks, for days. This is partly because my gym membership ran out, and partly because I am a bit disorganised and haven't actually got myself out for a run. However, it is now less than two weeks to the Race for Life, so I had better get myself in gear. The gym membership is sorted out, and I have my gym kit with me. No more excuses.

I wen to my brother's graduation ceremony yesterday: he looked so dashing and handsome in his kilt, gown and hood. So I'm giving that as an excuse for eating chocolate mousse at the meal afterwards - I mean, how often does one's only brother graduate? It makes me feel rather ancient to know that my baby brother has a degree, though...

1 comment:

K said...

Yes! Beth, you deserve a prize. Howl is indeed someone out of a Diana Wynne Jones story: Howl's Moving Castle. And the book has just been made into a film by Hayao Miyazaki, who did Spirited Away, which probably makes him an anime hero as well.

I read it over and over when I was 13 or 14, then forgot about it for years. When I rediscovered it, I was a little startled to discover that Howl, in many respects, is exactly like my boyfriend. I haven't told him this, as it might unnerve him - it unnerves me a bit.

I've just got my hands on the new Falco book, See Delphi and Die, but am saving it up.